You are here
Welcome to the home page for Physicians (MD/DO). Listed below are links to application materials and relevant laws, and rules and other information relating to this discipline. Click on the underlined items for details. We welcome your feedback and suggestions relating to the information that is presented. Contact us at email@example.com.
The Board has received inquiries regarding the procedure for issuance of an emergency temporary permit in the event of a public health emergency, as declared by DHH. Click here.
ONLINE APPLICATION: Click HERE for the instructions & link to begin the online application. Training permits (PGY & GETP) do NOT use this application. See below under Other Forms/Applications.
Click HERE to continue your saved online initial application
Click HERE to check the status of your completed online initial application
To access a paper application, click HERE (available for a limited time), you must also request - Background Check - NOTE: If you are a physician on a current LSBME training permit, you do not need to do another background check when applying for full licensure.
- Training permits
- US Medical Graduates - Application & Instructions
- International Medical Graduates - Application & Instructions
- Military trainees - Application & Instructions
- Short Term Residency Permit - Application & Instructions
- Short Term IMG Training Permit - Application & Instructions
- Visiting Physician Permit Application & Instructions
- Visiting Physician Evaluation Permit Application & Instructions
- Visiting Professor Permit Application & Instructions
- Registration as a Supervising Physician (Primary Supervising Physician and Locum Tenens Physician)
- Application for Exception to Rules on Medication Used in Treatment of Obesity
- Dispensing Physician Permit
- Collaborative Drug Therapy Management (CDTM)
SPECIAL EVENTS PERMIT