You are here
Louisiana Administrative Code 46 XLV Medical Professions (Dec 2013)
NOTICE-On October 20, 2015 the Louisiana Register published certain amendments to the Board's rules on unprofessional conduct, LAC 46:XLV.7603. The
publication inadvertently included wording that the Board had instructed be removed e.g., a physician shall "b. not hold himself or herself out as a specialist in an area
of medical practice unless the physician has successfully completed a residency of fellowship training program, which is accredited by the American Council on
Graduate Medical Education of the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada."
The cited language was previously removed from this rulemaking effort by the Board. See: Potpourri Section of the July 2015 edition of the Register (LR 41:1416),
whreat the Board noted that "After further review the board has decided to defer proceeding at this time on the amendments originally proposed in §7603A.9 (e.g.,
holding one's self out as a specialist and proceed only with the proposed amendments to §7603A.11."
The Register has agreed to reprint the corrected Rule removing the cited language, with an explanatory note, in the November edition of the Register.
Final Reports: Final Reports Submitted to the Legislative Oversight Committees:
- Final Report Proposed Rule and Amendments Re Physicians Complaints and Investigation Dec 20, 2015
- Final Report Proposed Rules Regarding Complaints, Investigations and Adjudications
- Final Report Proposed Rules Regarding Marijuana for Therapeutic Use
- Legislative Report re: Medical Marijuana
Board Rules (all disciplines compiled): http://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/lac/46v45/46v45.doc
Discipline Specific Rules
- Acupuncturist/Assistants/Detoxification Specialists
- Athletic Trainers - Due to changes in the Athletic Trainer Law in 2014, a rule making effort to conform the rules to the law is in development. Please note that the law supersedes the rules at this time.
- Clinical Exercise Physiologists
- Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Medical Psychologists
- Licensed Midwives
- Occupational Therapists/Assistants
- Physician Assistants
- Polysomnography Personnel
- Private Radiological Technologists
- Respiratory Therapists
Applicable Rules for All Disciplines
- Preventing Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Rules of Procedure; Adjudication
Notice: See Rules Noticed for Adoption (right panel on this web page)